Tuesday, May 17, 2011

impulse. dutchness.

ok, so thanks to all for the fabulous advice. however, i am afraid that you have wasted your breath. or your finger energies, i should say (though technically, i think most of you can breathe and type at the same time... save a select few).

first, let me excuse myself. the truth is, i have been agonizing over my couch-cision for a good three months. no word of a lie. i just counted, and i literally have 12 pictures in my blackberry of assorted couches i have viewed in the past months that i was sure were THE ONE... until i got up the next day. this obsession, this illness even, escalated to the case where last friday i literally left a friend waiting for me at a pub for 20 minutes because i had quickly popped into the furniture store directly next door to it and had been caught up by this woman who kept throwing fabric swatches at me because i couldn't find the exact right shade of gray. when i finally arrived for drinks, i may not have been completely forth-coming, and instead made some excuse about being "caught up." illness, i tell ya (thank goodness said friend doesn't read this blog!).

so against the most recent gut-wrenching couch-cision paralysis last night, i peeked onto craigslist, thinking maybe the perfect sofa was somehow right there....and......



.... it wasn't. but this one was. one-year-old, clean and good condition, and selling for $200...

and i just bought it. all white, slip-covery, curved-army, gloriously sorta gross ikeaness of it.

and i don't regret it... instantly my frantic couch-searching days are over. and, with the savings of at least $600, i can now begin the quest for the most bomb-ass-tastic accent chair the world has ever known...

..and of course. the perfect throw pillows (ulcer.)

4 comments:

holeysocks said...

to slightly justify my purchase a bit more:

- i have always wanted a white couch, but can only conceivably think i could have one if it was exceptionally washable/bleachable
- it was 200, and i could probably sell it for 150 the moment i find the perfect sofa
- now i can paint or not paint any colour i want
- it is actually really comfy, and long enough to sleep on. you are all welcome to come sleep on it. freals.

Unknown said...

Awesome. I like it. I am a believer in people without kids owning white couches if they want to.

Also, I like couches that let you do what you want with the rest of the room.

And even more so I like recycling and discounts.

SOLID PURCHASE FRIEND>

kerry said...

I think the money makes it a good choice. I just can't handle white in my own life because I get EVERYTHING dirty, so I assume other people have the same problem. But no. I am uniquely disastrous. Excited to chime in on the chair purchase ...

Ellen said...

I approve! Dutchness always trumps.