Thursday, February 21, 2008

green

i have plants. i have had plants for the last 7 weeks, and they are still alive. this is a record, as i have never had a plant make past the age of 1 (month). and now?

i am meticulous about them, obsessive even. i water them daily, and check for new growth, trying to predict from what little bump the next leaf will spring, getting a little too excited when it arrives, new and fresh and green. i think i have it in my head that if i just care for them enough, my four little plants, the $1.98 pot included plants i bought at IKEA, will turn into the beautiful massive majestic floor plants i admire and can't afford

now in trying to be a deeper person and a better blogger, i'm pretty sure i am supposed to draw some fabulous analogy here, or reveal some wisdom about life or myself. well here goes:

i like plants

1 comment:

erevu said...

I once had a plant I watered every day.
It was an aloe plant, so it promptly rotted.

I'm sure there's some deep meaning in that too, but maybe it's just that I suck at plant maintenance.