-
Dear God, please reveal to us
your sublime
beauty
that is everywhere, everywhere, everywhere
so that we will never again
feel frightened.
My divine love, my love,
please let us touch
your face.
-St. Francis of Assisi-
-
Dear God, please reveal to us
your sublime
beauty
that is everywhere, everywhere, everywhere
so that we will never again
feel frightened.
My divine love, my love,
please let us touch
your face.
-St. Francis of Assisi-
-
I had a truly fabulous weekend. Jen H. came in from Montreal, and it was just lovely. We caught up, ate yummy food, had some drinks, shopped, watched silly movies and tv, and went to church, which was also super lovely and just what I need right now.
I like Jen so much. I realized again this weekend, as I was reminded this summer in Kingston and Edmonton, that although I have a lot of fabulous friends in Ottawa whom I love dearly, it is so so good to sometimes be around people who "knew me when" and who understand a little more deeply about who I am and where I come from. There is an openness with these people, a shared language and view of the world, that makes conversations so comfortable and easy. These people are old sweat pants, warm socks and well-washed sheets.
If you're reading this, and especially if you can appreciate the poem above, chances are you are my old sweat pants. And thank you for that.
I like Jen so much. I realized again this weekend, as I was reminded this summer in Kingston and Edmonton, that although I have a lot of fabulous friends in Ottawa whom I love dearly, it is so so good to sometimes be around people who "knew me when" and who understand a little more deeply about who I am and where I come from. There is an openness with these people, a shared language and view of the world, that makes conversations so comfortable and easy. These people are old sweat pants, warm socks and well-washed sheets.
If you're reading this, and especially if you can appreciate the poem above, chances are you are my old sweat pants. And thank you for that.
4 comments:
it was a weekend of cozy socks, but don't forget the reflective stilletos...
And you dear friend, are my old jock strap from gym class.
i am honoured to protect your junk, tash.
dang. i knew i'd be the old sweatpants and not the clean sheets. are you trying to tell me something? I guess its better than a jockstrap, but then again, that's an entirely different intimacy level. I'll have to give this more thought. Yes, tomorrow as I ride the train through the Irish countryside, I will be thinking of the pros and cons of old jockstraps and sweatpants...in your honor.
Post a Comment